Grilled Pesto Shrimp
- 2 pounds extra large or jumbo shrimp, peeled (tails left on), and deveined
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (omit for nut allergies)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Wooden or metal skewers, for grilling
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers.
- Combine the olive oil, basil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts in a food processor or blender. Pulse until well-blended, and reserve 2-3 tablespoons of the pesto in a small bowl (for extra dipping later).
- Pour the rest of the pesto onto the shrimp and let it marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and lightly grease the grill. Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for a few minutes on each side – the shrimp should look slightly charred and plump.
- Serve the shrimp skewers with a lemon wedge for garnish and a little extra pesto on the side.