My family loves this for the Holidays. It has been a part of our morning meal. I pop it in the oven while we are opening gifts, Christmas morn. Add bagels or pastries!
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced thin sweet onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups sliced thin ~ fully cooked ham
- 8 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine cheeses; place 3 cups in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish and set aside. In a medium skillet, saute mushrooms, onions and red pepper in butter until tender; drain. Place over cheese; top with ham. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, flour, parsley, basil, salt and pepper; mix well. Slowly pour over the cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- You can make this recipe the night before. Make it all with cheese and veggies than refrig. and in the morning add the eggs, milk, flour etc.. and bake. You can substitute with chicken for the ham.