Avocado and Feta Salad
(Serves about four people)
- 1 cucumber, cut lengthwise and then into slices
- 1-1/2 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced into bite-size chunks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Drizzle of good olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, feta, and garlic.
- Add the avocado and drizzle the lemon on the avocado so it doesn’t discolor and turn brown.
- Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the top with a bit of olive oil (and if you want more of a vinaigrette taste, a drizzle of red wine vinegar as well) and mix everything well.
Pair it with seafood or something from the grill, or make it the main event — though you might want to adjust the serving size if this is the entrée. It also makes a great lunch if you’re looking for something fresh and simple, while non-feta lovers can easy ditch the feta and still enjoy the bold flavors.